VDOT O2 is a training calendar designed to help you become a faster runner. Unlike other running apps, VDOT O2 determines your proper training and race paces.
Runners can log their training using the world-renowned methods of legendary coach Dr. Jack Daniels and/or receive training from their coach. Coaches can manage and deliver their athletes’ training through VDOT O2.
Features / Challenges
In this project I was responsible for developing iOS mobile app and REST API. In later phase I also took over and maintain Android application updates.
- Offline data sync using Couchbase Sync Gateway
- Customized forms UI for training management
- app backend is written in ASP.NET MVC
- Garmin Connect integration – athletes sync trainings from GPS watches directly to their VDOT O2 calendar.
- Advanced Push Notifications system – e.g. delayed notifications, merged notifications when multiple trainings affected.
- Braintree payment gateway integration – athletes can purchase & setup their training plans trough mobile app.
- Additional services used: fabric.io & elmah.io for crash reports, Google Analytics for usage monitoring